Wednesday 13 March 2024

Beetlejuice & Skulls

 
So I finished the sweater, which was what the infamous wrap became after I actually rewrote the entire pattern. So it doesn't even remotely look like the wrap no more, besides there are skulls. 

I have not weaved in all the ends yet, there are SO many of them - because I chose to make the sleeves like this, I don't know why I did this to myself tbh, but it looks bangin' and I'm glad I did it.

I will write the pattern down, both in danish and american abbrivations - but today is not that day.



Pippi the queenbitch was pretty offended that I turned on the light, she was busy sleeping and shedding on my goddamn pillow.. Grrr! 


I tried taking photos of me wearing it, they were all shit - but this was sorta okay and shows the sleeve. I hate rib with a passion and it's on purpose I left it with trumpet sleeves.

the neck, the sleves and bottom are all just a single crochet row to stiffen the form.. Also I prefer boat necks in any sweaters so of course this has one. But it's easy to give it a turtleneck or just a ribbed one.

I chose to make 1 white skull square, not sure if it is supposed to be on the front or the back - but since it's the same for now, I guess it's a mood thing, do you feel like white square or not.

And lastly these are the sleeves - I made an error in this sleeve, and it also means the sleeves are not striped the same way, i planned it to be two black, two white three black so forth.. but I have two black and two white here... ack. Oh well imperfection is the human condition amirite? And also it's made for myself to use, so I don't care. Had it been a gift or commission, i would have unravelled, so right now I am glad it's not. And Stripes is a bitch because of all the ends to weave, but I think it gives it some ooomph so I'm glad I did it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *